Day 132 & 133. Wow, missed another day. I’ll be so glad when I can shake off this cold. I sit down after dinner, which is when I usually write for this blog, and all I wanna do is fall asleep. But not tonight. I have just finished a big bowl of double chocolate icecream with chocolate cookie and toffee lumps in it. The sugar rush alone should keep me awake long enough to get this post done! lol Probably not the best night to eat icecream either, because the weather had turned against us and it’s cold again. Lucky I’ve got a heater right next to me under my desk
The lawn looks like it has confetti all over it. Would have been great if it had been like this for our wedding a few months ago. They’re petals from the blossoms on the huggy tree, which are blown off by the wind. It looks really pretty, the photo doesn’t really do it justice.
I love Hearts Ease. Such pretty dainty little flowers, and they’ll grow just about anywhere, and purple is my fav colour too. These ones have self-sown and come up in the gravel driveway. I might have to rescue them and put them in the new garden, where hopefully they’ll self seed again and i’ll have lots more of them.
This lovely magnolia tree with miniature flowers was a gift for Perry’s late wife, Barbara, from their daughter. It’s to be planted on the island when we have it ready as a remembrance tree for Barbara.
Now I have a lovely recipe for you:
Serendipity Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 6 oz. chopped semisweet chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- 3 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. your favorite powdered hot chocolate mix
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 6 cups ice cubes
- whipped cream for garnish
- Place chopped chocolate and 1/4 cup of the milk in a microwave-safe container. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir.
- Heat on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir. If necessary, continue heating in 30-second increments until chocolate is melted.
- Add hot chocolate mix and sugar. Stir.
- Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the milk. Stir, and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour cooled chocolate mixture into blender. Add remaining milk and ice cubes. Puree until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.